Beauty, Fashion, Life



Monday 26 May 2014

Tangle Teezer Review





Hey everyone! 

This post is going to be a review on the Tangle Teezer Brush. So i bought this from Beautybay.com a few weeks ago for around £8.I had been wanting a Tangle Teezer for a while now after hearing some great reviews. I finally decided to buy one after seeing a voucher code online which bought the price down a couple of pounds and after frazzling my hair.

Yes. I managed to literally melt/burn my hair! Long story, but basically a couple of months ago, i went to the salon to go a little darker. Whilst the hairdresser was blow-drying my hair, she used a technique where she would brush my hair through and as the brush went through, she held the hairdryer on my hair. A few days after, when i had washed my hair and wanted to dry it quickly, i decided i would kind of.. copy the hairdresser. Well it worked! my hair was dry within minutes! The next day, i was overwhelmed by a kind of..burnt out smell and couldn't work out what it was. I then smelt my hair. The smell was obviously my hair. And soon after when i went to brush my hair through, my theory was finally confirmed when my the bristles on my hairbrush were curled and deformed. Never will i copy a hairdresser again.

So far the Tangle Teezer has exceeded any expectations that i had, and i had a lot. I can honestly say that i will probably never go back to a 'normal' hairbrush. Where as other hairbrushes make my hair frizz horrendously, this takes out the knots and makes my hair feel silky. It comes in a couple of sizes, the normal (the one pictured) or a compact one. Personally i feel the original is small enough already so i decided not to go for a compact. The brush does not gather lots of hair like most others and the bristles are more fine with more of them. On the brush is 2 different size bristles, which i really like for some reason as i guess this is what makes it such a good brush. I absolutely love the fact it fits in my hand perfectly and i like the way i can just chuck it into my bag as it is so small.

I would defiantly recommend this brush if you have thick hair like me! Here are some links for dupes and the real deal-

Beauty Bay -This is the original Tangle Teezer
Beauty Bay - This is a dupe that is from the Beauty Bay brand
Tangle Teezer - This is the Tangle Teezer website
Asos - Asos also sell them
Boots - The pink Tangle Teezer

These are links where you can buy genuine Tangle Teezers, beware of fakes!


Have you tried Tangle Teezer? 
Love, Hannah xox

No comments:

Post a Comment